Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Eating Inventory

The following are split up by days, "days" being defined as the time between I wake up and fall asleep.

Friday

12:30 PM - Coffee

1:00 -Breakfast sandwich, with egg, bacon and cheddar cheese on an English muffin. Homemade.

5:00 - Fuze health water

9:00 - 20 oz of water.

10:30 - Rather large salad. Greens, snap-peas, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, chopped up onions, and slices of grilled chicken breast with Italian dressing.

12:00 AM - Throat soothing herbal tea

1:00 - Yoplait Cherry Fruit on the Bottom yogurt.

Saturday

10:00 PM - Fuze health water

3:20 - one pint of Two Brothers Bitter End Ale

4:00 - Goatcheeseburger at Hackney's, with fries.

4:30 - Half of a four-layer chocolate cake slice, ala mode.

8:00 - 2 AM - seven 16 oz cans of Miller High Life.

Sunday

3 PM - Coffee w/ whipped cream

4:00 - Nature's Valley bar.

6:00 - 12 oz Glass of water.

8:00 - Fajitas, homemade. Green and red peppers, grilled chicken, rice and caramelized onions on flour tortilla with low-fat ranch and mango and peach salsa.

9:30 - Blue Moon and a Coke.

12 AM - Glass of lemonade and vodka

Monday

12:30 PM - Coffee

2:00 - Faijita reheat.

4:00 -12 oz glass of water

8:00 - 6 large squares of pepperoni pizza, with Garlic Tobasco. Picked up by a local pizza place.

8:00 - 16 oz glass of Sailor Jerry Rum and Coke.

11:00 - Smirnoff Ice of some fruity variety (Raspberry something?)
12:00 AM - 16 oz can of High Life

2:00 - Reheated two slices of pizza w/ Fuze health water

Tuesday

12:00 PM- Coffee

3:00 - Reheated Fajita filling, mixed with large salad.

5:00 - Fuze bottle filled with water.

9:20 - Hot dog with mustard, onions, and tomatoes, with a Mountain Dew Pitch Black.

12:00 AM - A seventh of Doritos Bag.

Analysis
My food choices here come from a place of comfort, needing food but not wanting to actually work towards the food I eat. I'm powerless to conveinence. It seems as if I think the less time I spend with food, the better. The homecooked, ordered, and premade foods dominate my diet, though there are some anomalies between this weekend and my usual choices

The chocolate cake was because of a lady. Two classmates and I had gone to Hackney's after we spent the day at Printer's Row. I had mentioned to the female classmate how I don't usually order deserts at restaurants, but I was quickly swayed by seeing a nearby table's dessert. It was wonderful. It was a societal pressure, attempting to appease a girl I somewhat fancy. I also justified the consumption by A.) Not eating all day, and B.) Needing to pad my stomach for drinking later.

The Fuze drinks are new. My mom started buying them whenever they were on sale and never looked back. They're not bad, by any means. but all the nutrition is derived from artificial supplements. One 16.9 oz bottle has 45g of sugar. I could fill up a water bottle, even take some non-toxic Emergen-C with me if I wanted to spice it up, yet somehow the 10 seconds Fuze saves seem necessary.

Junk food is always eaten begrudgingly in an "eh screw it" mood towards eating. There was honestly entire cabinets and refrigerators of better food, yet I settled due to laziness. This inventory will give me some leverage to handle how my avoidance of creating and eating perferred food manifested itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment